Pages to Show

Sunday, March 8, 2015

Review: Entice by Erica Crouch

Entice: An Ignite Novella (Ignite, #1.5)

Entice (Ignite 1.5)

by Erica Crouch

Publisher: Patchwork Press

Publication Date: Nov 19, 2013

Source: Net Galley

Rating: 2 of 5 stars

*I had not read any of the books in this series prior to reading and feel that doing so would have swayed me into liking this book more because I would have and emotional investment in the characters that I couldn't seem to find.
Pen is full of a quick wit that is all her own and is certainly shown in this novella. Although I loved her personality, I felt like I could not invest my self in the story.  I would like to know a little more about the sibling dynamic between Pen and Azael before the fall (why her brother was so important to her that she would do any thing for him, right or wrong) and also why they were fighting a war in the first place (other than of obvious need for power between Lucifer and Michel), what happened to cause such a battle?
I did enjoy how the story of Eden that many know today was incorporated in to the story and how Pen and Azael were merged in to such tale so smoothly, as if that may have been what happened in the tale.  Also, in the epilogue I was quite intrigued to find out about Pen's future and weather of not she would continue to do as asked of her by Lucifer in order to protect her brother and that struggles that would come along with doing so.

No comments:

Post a Comment